A 100% Volunteer, 501(c)(3) NonProfit
The Flip Foundation Scholarships will be awarded to the high school senior(s) and/or current college student(s) from primarily the North Texas area, who best meet the requirements set forth by the Scholarship Committee below. However, here is a fantastic UPDATE - in addition to the N. Texas area, we will now also offer scholarships to any town or state in the United States.
Scholarship awards apply to any related college or trade school expenses, including tuition, dorm fees, books, etc. Award amounts and number of awards, are at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
The Board of Directors (Scholarship Committee) will review and score all submitted applications. Applicant’s references may be contacted by telephone. The Scholarship Committee may choose to interview applicants.
The Fall 2022 applications cycle is now closed. Winners will be announced in early April.
Guidelines for the Flip Foundation Scholarship Award
Scholarships are open to graduating high school seniors and students currently enrolled at any college, university or trade school. Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the educational institution in the via the student's name and ID number .
Student applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Plan to attend, or currently attend an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) between 2.5 and 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Applications outside of the 2.5-3.5 gpa range will unfortunately not be considered.
- Must have acquired acceptance to, or be enrolled at the college or trade school of his/her choice and must be an enrolled in the Fall semester of 2022.
- References listed on the application cannot be members of your family
- Submit a project based on their individual talent. Submit any skill, any topic, from writing, to making a video, singing a song, to building something of your choice or anything in between. Show us your individual talent/passion. A brief explanation of the project is required on the application. Projects must be submitted via PDF, JPEG or Youtube link, free of permission codes.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Student applicant should note any special financial needs on their application form, as it will be heavily considered.
The Fall 2022 application period begins September 22, 2021. All applications and supporting documents must be received no later than March 1, 2022 @ 5pm (with the scholarships to be announced by April 2, 2022).
Please advise your high school/college registrar of this deadline for submission of transcripts and other supporting documentation. Student applicants that have completed one full academic year at a college/university do not need to submit High School transcripts.